People add gelatine in desserts to make them jiggle. However, gelatine contains a lot of nutrients which are important for the health. Gelatine contains amino acids which make it beneficial for the health.
The gelatine is made by dehydrating and isolating parts of animals, including tissue, bones, and skin. It looks and acts as a sticky substance which helps to form the connective tissue and make our body elastic.
Even though we mostly use gelatine in desserts, the bone broth is actually a rich source of gelatine. Gelatine is recommended to patients who suffer from joint, cardiovascular, digestive, skin, or cognitive issues. So, why patients have to eat the gelatine in the hospitals?
The reason is our body can easily digest the gelatine. Even those patients who can’t eat other foods can handle the gelatine because it is a clear liquid. It is a natural way for the patient to recover fast because it can improve the gut health and digestive strength.
It can restore the stomach’s healthy mucosal lining by enhancing the gastric acid secretion. It can also stimulate healthy bowel movements by absorbing the water.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GELATIN
* Gelatine promotes healthy digestion because it binds the water naturally and makes the food move naturally in the digestive tract.
* It contains a lot of protein which is great for your diet.
* It is great if you have allergies because it heals the digestive tract and the stomach lining.
* Since it contains amino acids it can improve the health of the joints and the bones.
* It contains glycerine, which can detox the body.
* It contains keratin, which is great for the hair, skin, and nails.
* It can improve the quality of your sleep.
* You will heal faster.
* You will lose weight faster.
HOMEMADE JELLY RECIPE
- 3 tbsp. unflavoured gelatine
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup of green tea
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries or grape juice
- stevia or honey
First thing you should do is make the green tea and add the honey or stevia. Take the gelatine and add it in the tea until is completely dissolved. You should leave the blend to cool down. After a while add the grape juice and the orange juice and stir well. Store the blend in a fridge for 3 hours and you can consume it afterwards.