Oregano has a very strong flavour, and that’s why it’s mostly used as a culinary spice. But, many people are unaware that oregano actually has many intense healing properties. It has been used for centuries for different types of diseases.
The tea from oregano contains a lot of antioxidants such as thymol and rosemary acid. The phytonutrients revitalize and protect the damaged cells in the body.
The digestion produces free radicals which affect the membrane of the DNA cells, and that causes many chronic diseases. Oregano is full with omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and E, as well as potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium, and zinc.
Oregano contains oils that have diuretic, diaphoretic, anti-malaria, carminative, and anti-fungal properties. Since it has many antiseptic properties, it can prevent the growth and multiplication of the bacteria in the body.
You can use oregano tea to cure a sore throat, sinus issues, and different infections. Oregano extract can also improve the indicators of cancer.
There is a research which proves that colon cancer was reduced when it was exposed to oregano extract.
Sipping oregano tea daily can lower the levels of cholesterol in the body.
Oregano contains many antivirals which can boost your immunity and fight different diseases. It has the power to:
- Alleviate flu, colds, and coughs
- Soothe back pain and headaches
- Keep the optimal body weight
- Fight sinus and ear infections
- Alleviate heartburn and fatigue
- Improve the function of the cardiovascular system
- Treat nasal congestion
- Stimulate appetite
- Reduce inflammation
- Kill the intestinal parasites
- Treat constipation and urinary problems
- Ease asthma attacks
- Relieve menstrual cramps
Preparation of oregano tea:
You can use both fresh and dried oregano leaf.
1. If you decide to use fresh leaves you will need 2 cups of water and ½ tbsp. of oregano leaves.
2. If you decide to use dry leaves, you will need 2 cups of water, and 1 tbsp. of dry leaves.
3. The dry and fresh leaves should be chopped and put into the two cups of water.
4. Then, pour some hot water on top of the leaves and leave them for 10 minutes. You can drink the tea afterwards.