These spiralized apple chips are anything but difficult to make. They don’t require much time, they are super crispy, and baked. The spiralizer will make the job easier, and make them evenly thin and sliced.
To add some flavour to these apple chips you will need a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. They will surely become one of your favourite healthy snacks that everyone in your family will enjoy them!
Baked Spiralized Apple Chips
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
- Recipe type: Snack
- Yield: 3
- 2 apples
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
1. Your oven should be preheated to 250°F, and you should line the baking sheet with a parchment paper. Put the baking sheet aside.
2. Use the large core slicing blade to spiralize the apples. You can use any other device, such as a mandoline, just make sure the slices have the same thickness.
3. If you chose to slice the apples with a spiralizer, you should cut down into ½ of the apple with a knife, so you can separate the slices. Then, put them into a bowl.
4.Take a bowl, and mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Then, add the mixture to the bowl with the spiralized apples. Mix everything gently, so that the cinnamon/sugar blend is all over the slices evenly.
5. Take the lined baking sheet and put the slices in a single layer. They should be evenly spaced out.
6. Put the baking sheet in the oven, and bake for 60 minutes. Then, flip all the apple slices on the other side. You should see the slices beginning to curl around their edges. After you flip the slices, you should bake them for another 60 minutes. Then, turn the oven off, and leave the apple slices inside the turned off oven until they have cooled down. This will make them even crispier!
7. You can store these apple chips in an airtight container up to a week.
If you want to bake more apples, you can alter the recipe. For every spiralized apple you should use ½ tsp. ground cinnamon and 1 tsp. granulated sugar. Measure appropriately and enjoy them!