In this article you will find a Chocolate Ice Cream recipe that is suitable for a low-carb and Ketogenic diet.
If you love ice-cream, but you try to stay away from it in your Keto diet, try this recipe and you will satisfy your cravings without worrying about the carbs!
Low-Carb, Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Course: Dessert
- Cusine: Low carb, Keto
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Passive Time 6 hours
- Servings: 20
- 100g cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 6 eggs separated
- 300g dark chocolate (90%) crushed into pieces
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 150g sweetener (your choice)
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. Sugar-free chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
1. Melt together the coconut oil and the chocolate on a low heat, and leave it to cool down.
2. The egg yolks and whites should be separated.
3. Beat the whites with lemon juice and add the vanilla extract.
4. The yolks should be mixed with the sweetener.
5. Beat the coconut cream and whipping cream together.
6. Blend the coconut oil, chocolate, and avocado in a blender.
7. Put the mixture with the yolks, whites, whipped cream and blend everything together.
8. If you want, you can also add the cocoa nibs, or chocolate chips.
9. Put this mixture in a container and freeze it for at least 6 hours.
10. At last, take a scoop and enjoy your ice-cream!
This recipe makes 20 servings (1 serving=3/4 cup).
Macros (per serving):
- Calories: 236 kcal
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Fat: 21.8 g
- Net carbs: 3.8 g
(total carbs: 7.7 g, dietary fiber: 3.9 g)
Note: Our personal choice of sweetener is Swerve, because it doesn’t leave you with that bitter aftertaste in your mouth (like monkfruit and stevia do). Swerve doesn’t contain any carbs, it is good for a Ketogenic diet, and will not affect your blood sugar levels.