If you have tried many times over the years to lose weight, but it always ends unsuccessful, maybe you should ask yourself whether your hormones are to blame for that issue.
You Cannot Lose Weight Because Of This Hormone
There is a hormone that is responsible for the regulation of the energy and the weight in the body which is called leptin, a.k.a. ‘’the fat hormone’’. The hormone leptin passes the barrier between the brain and the blood and later attaches itself to the receptors in the center in the brain responsible for appetite.
Leptin forces the fatty tissues in our body to spend energy. It also stimulates the activity in the nervous system. However, when leptin isn’t able to come to its targets, it isn’t able to control the appetite. Therefore, our body becomes resistant to this hormone.
When our body has too much leptin, the person will become less sensitive to it. The brain won’t be able to keep up with the signals it receives, which will result in slow metabolism and overeating. There is a list of the most common symptoms of leptin resistance:
Symptoms of Leptin Resistance
- Uncontrollable cravings
- High number of triglycerides
- Inability to lose excess weight
- Frequent snacking after meals
- Fatigue after meals
- Late night eating
- Sugar cravings
- Stress eating
- Poor motivation
- Weight gain
How to Reverse Leptin Resistance?
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup, carbs, fats, and processed foods
- Eat protein and soluble fiber instead of carbohydrates
- Consume more whole foods and organic foods
- Include healthy fats in your diet such as animal fats, butter, avocados, coconut oil, and nuts
- Use omega-3 fatty acids
- Stay active
- Get a good night’s sleep
You should always check the leptin levels in your body so you can prevent any further issues. Stick to the tips above and below and you will surely win the battle against obesity!
How To Increase The Metabolism
- Maximize nutrition and flavor:Choose foods that provide the most flavor and nutritional value.
- Benefit from Omega-3s: Consume walnuts, flax sees, and beans.
- Increase Your Vegetables and Fruits Servings to 9 or 10 a Day: Choose dark-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid Artificial Sweeteners: They will prevent you to lose weight.
- Eat Healthy Snacks: Enjoy a handful of walnuts or almonds.