A lot of people these days struggle to lose weight or to maintain the weight. This is due to the fact that most of the diets are unhealthy.
The most concerning fact is that there are a lot of obese children, and more and more adults are also becoming overweight or obese. Obesity is dangerous because it leads to other health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, digestive issues, ulcers, thyroid issues, and psychological issues.
Obese people eat more food than their body needs, and it is proven that a lot of people actually consume 50% more food than they need. People usually become aware that they have gain a lot of pounds too late. The most common causes for gaining a lot of weight are:
Unhealthy diet – Most people consume fast foods, processed foods and other unhealthy substances which contain a lot of chemicals such as GMO that cause weight gain and are dangerous for the health. Also, our diets mostly consist of a lot of pastries, packaged foods, fried foods, and unhealthy drinks.
No physical activity – Sedentary lifestyle has become ‘’normal’’ in the modern life. We use machines for any type of action, and we tend to sit in front of the TV, or the PC for many hours. Busy lifestyles lead to not having time for the gym, or even a simple walk in the park.
Unhealthy lifestyle – sleeping late, insomnia, unpredictable working time, etc.
People are usually unaware if they have to lose weight. So, when you notice that you have extra weight that is visible and you don’t feel comfortable in your skin, you should definitely make some changes in your lifestyle.
You can check whether you have excess weight by measuring your fat percentage and with the help of waist-to-hip ratio.
Measuring the BMI can be confusing for a lot of people because it doesn’t show the fat or the muscle percentage. If you aren’t able to notice if you’ve gained weight, you should be able to see from your clothes. If you need to buy new ones because the old ones don’t fit you anymore, it means that you have gained weight.
Other people can also notice if you are getting larger. Also, another sign would be that you constantly feel hungry, even after you’ve had a meal. Therefore, you are going to read an effective diet plan which will help you to lose weight.
It is very useful to have a diet plan at the beginning of your weight loss journey because you can have something that will lead you.
- Begin your day and finish it by drinking one glass of warm water;
- Don’t drink water while you eat and after you finish a meal;
- Don’t eat after 8 PM, and if you feel very hungry you can have some fruit or 1 glass of milk;
- Cut the size of the portions you eat, because the meals you eat should keep you full for couple of hours only;
- You can try a liquid type of diet, which includes 30% of the meals to be based on soups and milk;
- Eliminate the junk food completely such as fried foods, canned foods, sweets, pizza, hotdogs, or processed pastries;
- You should consume more vegetarian food;
- Limit the consumption of coffee, tea, alcohol, canned juice, and soft drinks.
- When you want to have a snack, choose something healthy such as a smoothie, a salad, or a piece of fruit.
- Walk for at least 15 minutes before each meal.
- Do some cardio exercises so you can lose weight faster and keep your body in shape.
You can try the following cardio exercises:
You will burn more than 100kcal in 10 minutes with kickboxing. You don’t need any equipment and you will also lower your stress, which can be the cause for your weight gain.
Jogging in Place
This is the simplest cardio exercise, but it is great as a warm-up activity for a more intense one.
This exercise will speed up your heart rate, make your legs stronger, and you will easily burn calories. So, position yourself in a squat pose, jump high, and go back to the starting position.
This is also an amazing cardio exercise because you can burn around 200kcal in 20 minutes.
You can burn more than 100kcal in 10 minutes with this exercise. Do a squat on the floor, jump with the feet in a plank position, jump back in, and repeat.
You don’t need any skills or equipment for this exercise and you can burn around 100kcal in 10 minutes. All you need to do is jump with the feet wider while at the same time you circle the arms over your head and go back again.
Position yourself in a push up position and run with your legs by bringing the knees in and out.