Don’t throw your coffee grounds anymore here are 17 ways how to use coffee grounds at you home.
1. Flea Repellent
IF you scrub your dog with coffee grounds, it won’t have fleas. You should bathe it, rinse it, and use coffee grounds to scrub your dog. Then, rinse one more time.
You should be careful so as your dog won’t swallow any coffee because it is toxic for dogs.
2. Make your Own Soap
You can make your own soap that will contain coffee grounds that will exfoliate your skin.
- Small bowl
- Muffin tins
- 1/4 cup of used coffee grounds
- A tsp. of powdered coconut milk (optional)
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 8 oz. of glycerin soap
- Fill the pot halfway with water and after that place the bowl over the water so as to make a twofold evaporator.
- Heat up the water and put the soap in the
- Take the muffin tins and add coffee grounds in them.
- Remove the soap when it’s melted. Next, you should include the vanilla, the powdered coconut milk, and the coffee grounds.
- Utilize a scoop to fill the tins with the soap.
- Leave them for few hours, and afterwards, you can use them.
3. Remove Dark Circles and Bags Under the Eyes
You can remove your under-eye circles and bags by utilizing a blend of coffee grounds and coconut oil.
Blend the fixings until you have a paste. Put the paste under your eyes and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off and do this 2 times per week for best outcomes.
4. Eliminate Product Build-up
Rubbing coffee grounds into your scalp can exfoliate your scalp, take out any build up from commercial products, and stimulate hair growth.
5. Season Your Meats and Vegetables
You can add them to grilled meats and vegetables.
Coffee grill recipe:
- ¼ cup of coffee grounds
- 1 of sea salt
- ½ of black pepper
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 of garlic powder
- ½ of cayenne
- 2 tsp. of coconut palm sugar
6. Give a Weathered Look to your Furniture
Take a jar and blend 1 tbsp. of coffee grounds with some white vinegar. At that point apply the blend on the steel wool and leave it for one day. After that, utilize it to clean your furniture. Let the furniture dry, and repeat the process if you want to have a darker finish.
7. Reduce Cellulite
Use coffee grounds to boost the circulation by massaging and exfoliating the area with the cellulite. The caffeine content found in the grounds can diminish water retention which will decrease the rough appearance of the cellulite.
8. Use Them as an Abrasive
You can clean your pots and pans that are stained by sprinkling the pots with coffee grounds. Then, you should use a cloth to scrub all the stains from the pots.
9. Clean the Fireplace
Sprinkle some moist coffee grounds on the fiery debris before you clear them up.
10. Exfoliate your skin
Coffee grounds go about as an incredible exfoliator for exfoliating dead skin. You can make the following coffee scrub:
11. Scrub Recipe
- ½ cup of ground coffee
- 1 of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive or coconut oil
Put all the ingredients in a jar, shake the jar and put it in the fridge. You can use the scrub for around two weeks.
12. Natural Deodorant
Place a bowl with coffee grounds in your fridge, and all the unpleasant smells will be eliminated.
13. DIY Candles
Ingredients for One Candle:
- Small glass jar
- 2 tbsp. of coffee grounds
- Heat-safe bowl
- A cup of beeswax
- Put the beeswax in a bowl and put it over the water-filled pot.
- Boil the water until the wax becomes melted.
- Next, put the coffee grounds and taper in the jar.
- Pour half of the wax on the grounds and taper and enable it to solidify.
- Afterwards, sprinkle more coffee on the cooled layer, and pour the wax.
- Let it cool down.
14. Make your Meat Tender
Take a plastic bag, rub the raw meat with moist coffee grounds, and leave it in the fridge during the night. You should wash off the coffee grounds before cooking the meat.
15. Use Them in Compost
The nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium in the coffee grounds can make your plants to change daylight into energy and in addition hold the water.
You should simply add some coffee grounds to your compost pile.
16. Pest Repellent
Coffee grounds can repel different kinds of garden bugs. You should sprinkle coffee grounds around your garden so you can keep the bugs at bay.
17. Fertilize your Plants
If you add coffee grounds in the soil, it will improve the air circulation and the water maintenance, which will contribute to many good microorganisms to flourish. Furthermore, fresh coffee grounds are additionally useful for increasing the acidity of some plants, since they can build the dirt’s pH levels, while utilized grounds are a wellspring of nutritive nitrogen.
Utilize them as a fertilizer by adding them in the soil.